Thursday, May 19, 2011

Teachers Day

Well, Erik and I haven't been doing anything that is to exciting lately. The weather is getting hot so it is nice to just relax. Here is Erik after getting a package from his mom. She made my day with the girl scout cookies she sent, and Erik got some books so he was very happy as well. She also sent him his hair clippers.....so I got to test my hair dresser skills...you can see the results at the end of this post.  
Last week was teacher's day so we had little ceremony outside. As usual I had no  idea what was being said so I just stood outside and baked in the sun.
This the principal of out school. 

Here is me trying to be patient and pick out as many Korean words as I can.

This is the Vice principal of our school. The students made little carnations pins out of paper for all the teachers to wear. 

Can you see me in the back? I stick out even from far away hehe

The parents sent flowers to the teachers office so it looked really nice that day. We are all eating some rice cakes after the ceremony. My co-teacher Ally is on the left and one of the first grade teachers on the right. 

All the teacher's got these little flower baskets. I now have a nice center piece on my table! 
The six grade class is learning the months so we made birthday cakes. Ally is decorating  the board  with the help of the 5th graders.

Everything is really green now. Erik and I went for  a walk to find the library, but it was closed =(. Too bad we can't read or we would have seen when the hours were. 
We did stumble upon the Gumi Folklore Museum. It was kinda boring because once again we couldn't read the signs lol.  I can pick out a few words, so I am getting a little better. 

Here is the end result of the hair cut. I think I did a decent job haha. This is the food court at Home Plus. We went there to find another basketball because the one we bought popped. It was too cheap. Well not the most exciting post, but that is what we have been up to.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a future as a barber..if you want!
    Great Pictures!! Fun to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I sould stick to being a teacher...you didn't see the back...=)

    ReplyDelete