Monday, January 16, 2012

OMG!!!! Desk Warming is Driving Me Crazy!! I Miss Camp!

I am on my second day of desk warming. This is what I look like right now, and it is only noon.  I  thought I would occupy myself and post some random pictures. 

This is Kim Tae Woo, one of my first grade students. He came in yesterday and showed me that he lost his first tooth. He told us that his dad did the ol' pull the tooth out by closing the door trick. 

This is my shrine to the Korean gods of electricity. Haha last night I was cooking dinner and when I pulled the rice cooker plug out of the wall, the power went out! I had to call my co-teacher, who then had to call the landlord, who then had to have her call me back and so on and so forth. All these problems would have been fixed if I could speak Korean and called him myself. The best part is that the landlord wanted to tell Erik where the breaker was instead of me, but because Erik was out getting a pizza, he had no choice but try to explain to a girl how to flip a switch....  

On my to school this morning, I took a few shots of the mural along the hill toward my school. 


I especially love these guys! All the holes in the wall are drain pipes because our school is on the side  of the mountain. This summer I looked inside one of the holes as I was walking up to school, and the hole was full of like 2000 little centipedes! I don't know why I am writing that on here, but it was very unsettling. 

Hehe I just snapped a picture of Jenny taking a nap. 

Here are a few pictures from our Winter Camp. We didn't do topo many fun things like Summer Camp because we spent all the money. 


Playing some games. 


Lets test your English! 

He was trying to spell zigzag. 


On the last day we made candles. 


Even I made one. 

1 comment:

  1. Kara What wonderful adventures you are having!!!
    I love your pictures and comments!! Safe travels and I hope you enjoy Malaysia!

    Love you , janie

    ReplyDelete