Sunday, August 21, 2011

End of the Semester Teacher Trip to Bonghwa

Well there are no actual pictures of us climbing the mountain, but we made it to the top for lunch! I brought my camera, but the batteries were not charged, so I had to get the pictures off the school's camera. But at least you can see me in the pictures =) The last day of the semester, all of the teachers went on a "field trip" I guess you could call it. We went to a mountain called Cheongryang between Andong and Bongwha. After climbing for about and hour and a half everyone made it to the top for lunch. You can pick me out in all the pictures because I have a new funny hat! I also didn't expect to be climbing such a big mountian so I wore my sandals. But because I grew up never wearing shoes I did just fine. 


Here you can see Jenny and I as well as the Vice Principal sitting in the corner.

Some of the lunch ladies and Mrs. Lee (on the left) having a picnic on the rocks. Mrs. Lee picks me up for school every morning.

This is Hanueldari suspension bridge. It is the largest suspension bridge in Korea and is located at the highest point in the country. Some of the teachers had a hard time crossing it due to their fear of heights.

Group photo.....say Kimchi!

Ok group photo on the bridge! Say Kimchi again!

Ok last group photo!!! Say Kimchi one last time!

Wow, don't we look excited. We had to tour another elementary school and listen to all of the things they did with the money they got for the government. Not the best thing to be doing when you just climbed one of the tallest mountains in the country and are ready to go for dinner. That's all the pictures I have of the trip because I didn't have my camera. We ate Korean Beef and most of the male teachers got really drunk. On the way home everyone was singing Karaoke on the bus....all I can say is that I have never seen anything like that in my life....two hours of loud Korean oldies song sung at full volume....all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment