Monday, August 15, 2011

Kyle's Last Days =(


Well here is the last post of Kyle's trip. I am suprised that I can remember what we did because it feels like so long ago that he was here. On his last day he made a trip to Gyeongju by himself to see Bulguksa Temple. I don't have any pictures from his tripm, but I had a post earlyer of Buddha's Birthday (that is the temple he went to.) He was kinda rushed though because we got invited to Jenny's house for dinner. Her mom made some curry and Kyle's favorite Korean food, Chapche.


Starting from the left is Jenny, Kyle, Jenny's friend Kelly, and their freind.

Jenny and her mom. Her mom is an awesome cook! Makes me hungry just thinking about it.


When we weren't out touring Korea, Kyle spent most of his time at the gym. Here he is using the back massage thing. Sometimes I would go with him, but he went when I was at school most of the time. When you are done at the gym you can use the jjimjilbang (aka public bath). It is pretty much a spa with all kinds of hot and cold tubs, saunas and a room to lounge around in. One of my favorite passtimes in Korea! Below is a really funny video of Kyle using that machine haha.


And here is Kyle lifting weights. Well actually he was only posing becuase we were on our way out and it was his last time at the gym. I thought that we need a picture of what he spent most of his time doing here.


This is Kyle's last night in Korea. We took him out for Korean style barbaque or galmaegisal. He was making faces at me casue I wanted to take more pictues of him eating.


Kyle's last bite of Kimchi. I think he likes it better than his first bite. You can compare the pictures from the first post of his trip haha.


Downtown Gumi. It looks a lot bigger than it actually is.

Look at the cool guy.......

After dinner we went out for icecream. This place is awesome becuase you can sit on a swing and eat icecream!!!


"This is really a nice swing..."

Pabingsoo....Korean shaved ice treat. I only like the shaved ice actually. It is like an icecream, but it is shaved ice with milk poured over it. Then they top it with fruit, red beans, and other things. It is very sweet.

Cheese....I mean Kimchi!

Here is Kyle ready to go home. We took the taxi to the bus terminal, but we were running a little late becasue it was to early. He just made the bus that would take him to Incheon Airport. It was a four hour ride, then he had to wait until around 5 to board his plane. I had to go to school so I could't take hime to the airport.


But he was an experinced traveler by then so he figured it out by himself.   It was really great to have some family come, and I tink that he had a nice time. I only wish I didn't have to work so we could have hung out more, but I think he enjoyed his alone time. Well until his next trip to South Korea....


1 comment: