Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Teacher Trip in Mungyeong

First things first, thank you Grandma for sending some real pancake mix and more maple syrup!! I got to start off my day with some nice fluffy pancakes. They have pancake mix here, but I think that it must be made with rice flour or something because they are really thin and sticky =P But anyway I had to spend my Saturday going on a teacher trip, which I was not that enthused about. These pancakes helped start my morning of better. Thanks again Grandma!! 

So I had to go to school at 11:00 on my Saturday. I should probably not grumble about it because I won't be here much longer. I think of it as just work now, nothing special; so who wants to go out with their colleges on your day off! Anyway, we went to Mungyeong to go walk around a mountain. It was a really nice fall day to be outside. 

The trail was pretty easy. Not like a real mountain, so it was not hard to climb. 

Here is me pretending hike. Jenny and I were walking a lot faster than everyone else so we were just goofing around waiting for the other teachers to catch up. 

We walked around a mountain and ended up coming out of this gate. I was here once before for a ceramic festival, and the mountains were all covered in mist, so it looks like a totally different place in the Fall. 

The teachers made me dust my shoes off with the air gun. I don't really know what difference it makes because you have to continue to walk down a dust road for a while. 

These are the characters of Mungyeong . Omija is a little berry that they make into a tea and a wine. It has five flavors, and you are supposed to be able to tell your health by which flavor you can taste the most. It is really yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment