Thursday, March 31, 2011

An afternoon in Sangju

Spring has arrived in South Korea! This is actually the only snow I have seen since I've been here. We got to leave school early on Wednesday to go on a teacher field trip to a  park in a city called Sangju, witch is about 40 mins north of Gumi.

Close up of the melting snow. It must be a fountain or something ????

Some Korean general, don't remember his name =P

Two wooden sculptures on the top of the hill


Haha forgot to rotate this one but to much work to go back and do it (Sorry Grandpa Lucky. I should listen when you tell me not to turn the camera!) If you turn your head you will see Mi Sun and I.



View from the top of the hill. They are developing the river to help prevent flooding, that is why all the sand is there.

This place is called Gyeongcheondae and it overlooks the Nakdong River.


Some of the teachers at the school.


This says Gyeongcheondae in Korean

This is a summer pavilion overlooking the river.

I think this is a WARNING: danger if you go to close to the edge sign haha

Those are some of the male teachers though the door of a traditional Korean house

This is me and yes I know I look really tired! I had to "teach" (more like yell) at the third graders right before we left so I was ready for a nap. Those boys are so bad =P



I got to cross one of those bridges like you see in the movies!

Sanju is famous for Beef in Korea. We ate at the nicest beef restaurant, and this plate of meat costed 50,000 won, aprox. $50. I don't even know how much the bill was.....outrageous I'm sure.

So I stuffed myself with bulgogi and other delicious Korean food. I ate way too much here.

Bottle of Soju, (rice wine) It is pretty good actually. I had to drink shots with the Vice Principle haha. It was a good time. I think I will fast the rest of the week though.

4 comments:

  1. This park is AMAZING! I love the sign...but I can't imagine you yelling at anyone! Haha! Unless it's Sarah or Sam throwing clay at each other!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sign for the cliff!!! just enough inf to be safe?

    ReplyDelete